Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Acquire the Fire

This past weekend I was asked to drive the church van to Greensboro for the youth group event, Acquire the Fire.

Who would have thought I'd have more fun than the teenagers?

I had such an amazing trip and got to bond with most, if not all, of the teens that went.  I went with the mindset that we would have at least one or more "Melissas" there....yes, I mean me....the teenager that only thought about myself and what I wanted - the teenager that you had to watch every second because I was constantly trying to get into something that I wasn't suppose to - the teenager that pretended to be one thing to the youth pastor, but completely different to my friends.

But I did not encounter that at all.  I went with the most respectful, well-mannered and mature group. 

Yes, they had fun.  Yes, they were goofy and silly at times.  Yes, they rocked out to the bands that caused me to have a migraine.  But they also prayed fervently, worshiped wholeheartedly, and listened intently.

I was also able to have a few great, meaningful conversations with my buddy Jared about being "in this world but not of this world" and what it really means to follow Jesus and not just put on the label of His name.

I'm excited to see how God is going to work in their lives in the future, and I'm anticipating ministering to them (and with them) in the near future.

Loving Radically Through Christ,


Melissa

1 Timothy 4:12 (NLT) - Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.

No comments:

Post a Comment