Monday, April 22, 2013

DURHAM JAIL MINISTRY

I have been going into the Durham County Jail with Pastor Terry Shuff of Bull City Outreach Ministries for some time now, and have thouroughly enjoyed the ministry in there.  Every time I set foot in the jail and enter into the pods where the men are waiting for us, I feel like I'm treading on Holy Ground.  Every other Tuesday we team up and minister the uncompromised Word of God to these men.  I am very thankful that Pastor Terry invited me to share in this ministry he does.

Many of the men know me as the guy who walks with a cross through the city.  I have actually met some of these same guys on the street and talked to them prior to them coming to jail.  One guy told me that he was a drug dealer, until he met me on the street, then he said something came over him and he quit selling drugs from that day forward.  Others have told me that when they saw me with the cross that it moved them as well.  Just recently a guy approached me in the jail and told me that he had been hoping to see me again, because when he got out of jail he wanted to follow me around with the cross and be apart of the ministry.

God has really used this crosswalk in a powerful way, it has helped me minister to the guys in jail.  I believe it has helped transformed some of their lives for the better.  Only the power of the Holy Spirit and the preaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ can change a life.

Please pray that this ministry will continue to be effective and fruitful in reaching these guys, and that when they get out of jail that they would take the Truth that they have been given and will be true disciples of Jesus Christ. It is mine and Pastor Terry's goal to see that these men are given every chance to succeed.  That is why we supply them with a way to contact us, and to team up with us, after they have finished their time...so that we can disciple them and guide them into a true relationship with Christ.

Please pray that He who has begun a good work in them will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ. Phillipians 1:6

Living Radical For Christ,

Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment