Friday, May 9, 2014

Upcoming Events

We have some upcoming events to tell you about/invite you to!

May 25th and 26th, Dean is planning a Crosswalking Evangelism.  Save the date for this as I will post later with specific meeting locations and times.  We will be going Sunday after church on the 25th because we have a friend joining us who we met at the NC Pride Parade last year.  She will be driving in from out of town and we are excited about having her now come and evangelize with us!

May 25th I will also be speaking at a church in Raleigh.  I was invited by a sweet friend to come and speak to the church at their "True Love Waits" ceremony day.  I am so honored to be able to share my story and what God has done through me.  Teenage purity and discipleship has a huge place in my heart and my personal ministry.  PLEASE pray for me to speak exactly what God wants me to say.

June 8th through 10th is the prison revival here in Butner.  I'm not sure of the exact details of this yet, but I believe that we will be the "speaker" on one of those nights.  Please pray for that event also.  I will give more details on that as I get them.

June 5th is our 4 year anniversary, June 11th is Dillon's birthday, and June 12th is Alex's birthday.  I will follow up with birthday party info if we decide to go that route this year.

June 12th is also the last day of school here in Granville County.  Ginella Mitchell and I have had a couple discussion/lunch meetings about doing some local outreaches/Bible groups with the kids in the area, and we are ready to get this started!  We would LOVE to have your help with these.  They will probably be done in Butner on Monday OR Tuesday evenings for 2 to 3 hours each night.  We will go into the local neighborhoods and do Bible study/snacks/games with the kids once a week during the summer months.  We will definitely need lots of snack items and probably some game/craft items, so if you would like to contribute to that, just let me know! 

I'm sure Dean will schedule another Crosswalking day in June, so keep on the lookout for that blog post also!  He is getting really antsy to get out and do some more crosswalking and get to talk to folks about Jesus.  We really hope you will join us, and we promise that you will not regret it.  It will definitely spark a fire in you to get out and share the Gospel, and it will also help to dispel some of the common fears that go along with sharing.  Sharing the Gospel isn't just a job for pastors and "evangelists"...we are all called by Jesus and equipped by the Holy Spirit.

Again, I will update on these events and others as I get more information.  Please keep us in prayer and let me know if you're interested in attending any of these.

Loving Radically Through Christ,

Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment