Monday, November 7, 2011

A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words


Not the picture of me of course....lol....but these kids that we love so dearly!!!

We were able to provide this very needy family with brand new tennis shoes for all of their boys.  There are 4 of them....Jonathan was out helping Courtney deliver bread at the moment, but he came in and got his a few minutes after this was taken....


We love these kids dearly and anticipate the moments we get to spend with them and sow into their little hearts and lives.

Jonathan is always begging me to take him back to church with me.  (We picked them up and took them each night to Vacation Bible School at Open Arms Fellowship this summer - and they had a blast!)

We will next be looking for an 18-passenger van so we can easily pick these eager kids up!!

This family lives in a 2 or 3 bedroom singlewide trailer....however they share it with another Hispanic family.  Praise Jesus that I had picked up another pair of tennis shoes in size 2 - because I was able to give them to the other little boy living in the house! 

I didn't know there was a little girl there too - but I promised her I'd return with a brand new pair of shoes for her too.

I want to give a huge THANK YOU to Debbie Chambers who assisted with the purchasing of these shoes.  She is always willing to give and help out in whatever way she can - and it is greatly appreciated - more than words can express.

We have a very hard time getting donations - but that's understandable.  We're a new ministry and funds are tights for everyone.  But when God plants the outreach idea in my heart - I need to trust that He'll provide the way.

He did it this time once again :)  Thank you Lord....You alone are Worthy!

(A few more pictures follow....but the flash wasn't working at first - so they're dark and hard to see.)









Loving Radically Through Christ,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment