Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Food Pantry Need

Our food pantry is pretty close to bare right now.  We have been getting lots of calls and emails lately for food boxes.  That is totally understandable because the cost of food continues to rise along with the unemployment rate!

I'm so sad that I missed Harris Teeter Super Double Coupons last week because I always get a bunch of free/cheap stuff during those events and we always use those for our food pantry.

I will try and stock up some during the upcoming week with coupons and sales - but in the meantime we've received an email from a single father, yes I said FATHER :).  He is on disability but his food stamps were recently greatly reduced.

I asked for a list of items that they normally need and here's what he said:

Bread
Peanut Butter
Canned Chili
Mac and Cheese
Beans
Hamburger Meat

If you can provide any or all of this within the next couple of days - please get in touch with me ASAP :)

Thanks as always for your help and support,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment